The biggest wrestling event of the year, Wrestlemania 33, is finally done and dusted. There were some pretty amazing moments on The Grandest Stage of Them All and there were some pretty terrible ones too. Just like any other WWE show, I guess.
Despite a less than stellar final quarter, The Ultimate Thrill Ride delivered quite a few ups and there were a number of Superstars who will be walking away from Camping World Stadium in a much better place than when they first arrived for WrestleMania weekend.
On the other hand, there are some Superstars who are much worse off at the end of the night. The WWE will have one hell of a tough time trying to build these men and women back up.
So, without further ado, let’s get into the biggest winners and losers from WrestleMania 33:
1. Loser #4: Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin
Don’t get me wrong, Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin had a really really good match for the WWE Intercontinental Title where Ambrose came out on top to retain the belt. They are listed as losers here solely because of the WWE’s decision to demote the match to the undercard.
The IC title has lost a lot of its original prestige and this was a great opportunity for the company to help the belt regain some of its lost shine. Baron Corbin is one of the more promising talents on the roster, while Ambrose has emerged as a legitimate star over the past year.
Unfortunately for both men, their great match will be short lived in the memory because of their place on the card.
2017 WWE WrestleMania 33 Results : WrestleMania 33 Winner Full Lists
1. Neville (c) defeated Austin Aries to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in a singles match.
2. Mojo Rawley won the 2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
3. Dean Ambrose (c) defeated Baron Corbin to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship in a singles match
4. AJ Styles defeated Shane McMahon in a singles match
5. Kevin Owens beat Chris Jericho (c) to win the WWE United States Championship in a singles match
6. Bayley (c) defeated Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks and Nia Jax to retain the WWE Raw Women’s Championship in a Fatal 4-Way elimination match
7. The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff Hardy) defeated Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c), Cesaro and Sheamus, and Enzo Amore and Big Cass to win the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
8. John Cena and Nikki Bella defeated The Miz and Maryse in a mixed tag team match
9. Seth Rollins defeated Triple H (with Stephanie McMahon) in a non-sanctioned match
10. Randy Orton defeated Bray Wyatt (c) to win the WWE Championship in a singles match
11. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) defeated Goldberg (c) to win the WWE Universal Championship in a singles match
12. Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss (c), Becky Lynch, Mickie James and Carmella (with James Ellsworth) to win the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship in a six-pack challenge