The Karnataka State Budget 2017-18 has been announced and has a few key changes and measures to improve the state’s economy. There have been various changes proposed in the Karnataka Budget which will come as a relief to all wine lovers and movie enthusiasts. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced in the State Budget today (March 15) which has proposed various changes. The most impressive move according to the younger generation is Karnataka’s decision of removing VAT applied on liquor including beer, fenny, liqueur and wine from April 1, 2017, and reducing the price of cinema tickets has left many young people rejoiced. Here is a list of five key main changes made by the state government in their Budget speech.
The following are the main decisions presented in Karnataka’s budget for 2017-18.
* Several projects to be taken up to improve road infrastructure in Bengaluru. These projects include upgrading roads corridors, skywalks and funds to improve existing roads.
* One Namma Canteen in each ward, with food provided at affordable prices.
* Rs 150 crore for railway overbridge and underbridges.
* Pending water bills of slum dwellers to be waived.
* Five superspeciality hospitals to come up.
* 42 new taluks announced in state.
* Centres to study robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence to come up.
* Skill development to get more thrust.