JEE Main Admit Card 2017 – The admit card of JEE Main 2017 is now available from March 14 onwards. To download JEE Main 2017 admit card, candidates have to enter their application number, date of birth and security pin. JEE Main admit card 2017 is available in online mode only. Applicants have to note that the admit card of JEE Main 2017 will not be sent individually to any applicant.
It is important for all of the applicants to keep JEE Main 2017 admit card safe till the counselling and admission procedure is completed. The admit card of JEE Main 2017 carries applicant’s name, exam timings, centre details, application number and more information.
Candidates are required to carry the admit card to the examination centre. Those claiming relaxation under the persons with disability category must carry copy of the relevant certificate (in the prescribed format) issued by the competent authority.
Candidates should reach the examination venue at least two and a half hours before the start of the examination. The admit card is issued provisionally to the candidate, subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
The admit card is an important document that all applicants will have to bring to the examination centre. Candidates who forget their JEE Main hall ticket or are unable to produce the same at the examination hall will not be allowed to sit for the JEE Main exam. Applicants will have to bring their identity proof to the exam centre along with JEE Main 2017 admit card.
Important Dates related to JEE Main Admit Card 2017
|1||Availability of JEE Main Admit Card 2017||March 14, 2017|
|2||Offline JEE Main 2017 Examination (Paper I)||April 2, 2017 (9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)|
|3||Offline JEE Main 2017 Examination (Paper II)||April 2, 2017 (2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)|
|4||Online JEE Main 2017 Examination||April 8 & 9, 2017 (9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)|
|5||Release of Answer Key and OMR Sheets||April 18 to 22, 2017|
|6||Declaration of Results||April 27, 2017|
As per the information updated by CBSE, while downloading the JEE Main 2017 admit card, the applicants will be able to enter/update their roll number of 12th standard/improvement examination.
Before downloading the admit card of JEE Main 2017, all of the applicants are requested to cross-check the particulars reflecting on it like the document like name, date of birth, paper, gender, test centre, state code of eligibility and category, city and more. In case of any discrepancy, the applicants must report immediately to the JEE Main Secretariat.
How to download JEE Main Admit Card 2017?
The following steps can be used by the applicants to download the admit card of JEE Main 2017.
- The link to download JEE Main 2017 Admit Card is available below.
- The applicants will be redirected to the admit card portal.
- Enter JEE Main 2017 Application Number, date of birth and security pin in the admit card window
- Click on “Submit” button.
- The admit card will be reflected on your computer screen. Check and ensure that all the details on it are correct and download it. After downloading take a print out for future use.
JEE Main Admit Card 2017 looks like the image below
Particulars on JEE Main Admit Card 2017
The following information of the applicants will be present in the admit card of JEE Main 2017:
- Candidate’s name and Father’s name
- Centre Code and Name of Examination Centre
- Address, Locality, City/town/village, District, State, Pin code
- Email ID and Mobile number
- Roll number
- Date and timing of exam
- Name and medium of the Question Paper
- Application number
- State of eligibility
- Category/Person with disability
Highlights of JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
- All of the applicants should not forget to bring their admit card along with the identity proof to the examination centre.
- It is important that all applicants check the JEE Main admit card 2017 carefully for any mistakes in the written particulars.
- The applicants will have to produce the admit card whenever required. If the applicant is unable to bring the admit card then he/she will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- The admit card of JEE Main 2017 issued provisionally to the applicant is subject to satisfying the eligibility criteria.
- The applicants will be able to submit/update their 12th standard roll number at the time of downloading JEE Main 2017 admit card. The roll number will be used at the time of admission for verification of the applicant’s identity.
- The applicants who fall under PwD category have to carry along a copy of their PwD certificate issued by a competent authority to their examination centre.
All of the applicants are required to report at the examination centre at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the examination.
Difficulty in downloading JEE Main 2017 admit card due to name mismatch
In case, the applicants are not able to download their JEE Main admit card 2017 due to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, will be provided facility to correct their name in JEE Main 2017 application form according to their board’s data. After making the corrections, they will be able to download their JEE Main 2017 admit card.
What if one forgets JEE Main 2017 Application Number or Password?
In case any candidate forgets his/her JEE Main Application Number 2017 or Password, then that candidate must use the account recovery option, which can be done by following some simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to JEE Main Admit Card 2017 download page
- Enter JEE Main 2017 Application Number and Password
- If you don’t remember the aforementioned details, then click on “I can’t access my account”
- A window will appear (we will share the window here as soon as it’s available)
- Select any of the following two options
-I forgot my Password
-I forgot my Application Number
- Click on “CONTINUE” button. The following options will get displayed
-Using Security Question & its Answer you chosen during Form filling
-Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile Number
-Using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address
- Select any one of the aforementioned options
- Click on “CONTINUE” button
- You will be directed to another page where details as per the chosen option will have to be filled. Enter the following particulars to retrieve your JEE Main 2017 Application Number,
-Date of Birth
-State of Eligibility
-Security Pin (case sensitive)
Other documents to be submitted at JEE Main 2017 exam centre
Along with the JEE Main Admit Card 2017, the applicants are advised to bring the copies of the following documents (as per the applicable criteria) while reporting at the examination centre. CBSE has not yet issued any official announcement regarding this, however since last year this procedure was implemented, the applicants should keep the documents ready.
|Applicable criteria to candidates||Copy of documents required|
|Applicants having passed 12th class or equivalent in the year 2015 or 2016 but have not opted for improvement in 2017||Copy of their final marks- sheet/marks statement of Class 12th /Qualifying Examination of year 2015 or 2016|
|Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent in 2015 or 2016 but have opted for improvement in all subjects||Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for improvement of performance in XII class /Qualifying Examination 2017|
|Candidates who are appearing for their class 12thor equivalent examination in 2017||Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for class 12th/Qualifying Examination 2017|
Note: The applicants have towrite JEE Main 2017 roll number on the documents being submitted in support of XII class/qualifying exam the exam centre on exam day.
FAQs related to JEE Main Admit Card 2017
Q1. Will the JEE Main admit card be available only in online mode?
Ans: Yes, the JEE Main admit card 2017 will be available only in online mode for all the applicants.
Q2. Why do we need to enter 12th standard exam roll number when downloading JEE Main 2017 admit card?
Ans: The 12th standard examination roll number will be used by the official authority of the allotted institute during the time of admission to verify the applicant’s identity.
Q3. Do we need to bring the JEE Main admit card to the examination centre?
Ans: Yes, it is absolutely essential for the applicants to bring the admit card to the exam centre. The applicants without the JEE Main admit card 2017 will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
Q4. What steps do we take after downloading the JEE Main admit card 2017?
Ans: After downloading the JEE Main admit card, the applicants are requested to cross check their personal information. In case there are any discrepancy, the applicants should immediately contact the official authorities.
Q5. What if I forget my application number or password?
Ans: The applicants will have to select “I can’t access my account” to access the application number or password. To reset the password, the applicants will have to answer the security question. For the application number, the applicants will have to fill in their name, parent’s name, date of birth, the state of eligibility and security pin.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern
Paper 1 of JEE Main 2017 will be held on April 2 in offline mode and on April 8 & 9 in online mode.
JEE Main Exam pattern – Paper 1
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks||Marking Scheme|
|Mathematics||30||4||120||1 mark wiil be deducted for wrong response|